Changes Can Often Times Be Blessings

Last night, while I was discussing with Jacey plans for her 18th birthday, I unknowingly triggered a vulnerability in her which manifested itself in tears flowing down her face. I immediately backpedaled to get to solid ground.

I love my children more than even I can comprehend, and by being their mom I have felt the reality of the plan of salvation. I absolutely know the Savior is real and loves them. I can see Him working to mold them into being who He needs them to be. I can see that more with them then I can in my own life. This life was never meant to be easy, and yet there are times when I still find myself saying, "Really? I thought I had learned that lesson."

Here is the reality of Jacey's life right now.

Jacey has come a long way in her ability to create her life rather than passively waiting for good things to happen. She is a beautiful woman with amazing possibilities and talents. She has learned to look outwardly to serve others and  to help them find their way, and in the process she has formed some wonderful friends. The problem that has now shown itself is this.

They are all going on missions, and she knows things will be different when they come home. The reality of life moving on when she has tried so hard to mold it into being what she wants it to be is not acceptable to her. She has made forever friends who may or may not remember that friendship down the road.

We talked about following through on the things that she has learned, and that she is still in control of creating her life. This is a very difficult time of life because you have to focus on you, and not on others. She has to focus on what is right for her, and she has to recognize that others may not choose the path that she is on.

The biggest thing she needs to remember:

She has to keep serving. New people will come into her life and she will have just as big of an impact on them as she has those she has known through the years. This world needs more people like her. The ones that make the journey easier because they lift along the way. The ones that smile when the way seems hard. The ones who will laugh with you when you are happy, and cry with you when you are sad. The ones that will jump in the puddles of life, and dance because there is music playing somewhere. She is real through and through, and she has more to her than the world wants her to know. She is amazing, and like I told her future bishop, she will be unstoppable if she is feeling secure in who she is. I love her adventurous spirit, and know it will serve her well. Never stop reaching for that next summit, princess. The Lord has a purpose and a plan for you that will manifest itself in the years to come. You are amazingly beautiful inside and out, and I will always be proud to tell the world. I am YOUR mother.

Comments