What is My Definition of Crazy?

If you are familiar with my personality, you know that I naturally absorb the full impact of every adventure our little family goes through emotionally as well as physically, and this time of year is definitely a stressful time for me.

Lately, I have found myself praying simply to be strong enough to handle whatever is next. I have left the specifics up to the Lord as to how we are going to get through the day to day. I have learned that I am too tired to fight every battle.

So here is a little of what we are doing in our life.
Max decided to run for Sophomore Class officer. Seriously love and support him, but past experience taught me that to get through it we needed to plan for the worst, and make Plan A, Plan B and even a Plan C. 

Here is the Red Velvet cake I made for Max to keep his spirits high. Election result day came and true to Petersen rules, didn't transpire without a little drama. Lesson learned:  Do not run your brothers election. There simply isn't a win/win outcome. Either you have to tell your brother that he didn't make it, or everyone else thinks you rigged the election, and you have to live with the guilty feeling even if you didn't rig it.   Regardless, CONGRATULATIONS TO MAX. He is the new elected officer coming from Fairfield Junior High. Yay for him.

Gearing up for graduation! Jacey wanted to make leis for the senior officers for graduation. That thought led to the idea of giving leis to all of Sofie's friends to remember and honor her on the day she would have graduated as a way of bonding together one last time.

Oops!! Jacey's latest accident. (Everyone was safe, but now she won't drive anymore.)

Comments