True Lancering
Last night, Jacey asked me if she could go "True Lancering" with these cute friends of hers. The boys, it seems, were trying to convince the girls that they should seal their friendship on the football fields of Layton High, and become TRUE LANCERS.
My response: Uhh? What? Which one are you going to kiss?
Her Answer: I guess both of them.
Then as we discussed this for longer than one of the boys wanted to wait, he piped up that Jacey didn't have to kiss him, she could just kiss the other boy. (Thinking I guess, that Jacey had a problem with kissing him.) I don't have a problem with her kissing either of them. I just have a problem with the non romantic way it all came down.
I get the concept. I really do, but here is my consternation with the events. I am a hopeless romantic, and I truly believe that physical relationships of any kind between a man and a woman are special and sacred. I understand it is a just a kiss, but kissing should be something meaningful. Something that makes you smile on the inside and makes you feel like you are valued, and you absolutely know that the person you are kissing thinks the world of you. (Not that these two don't, but they have never thought of each other that way.) How awkward a moment would it be to get to the football field and have to say, okay who is going to kiss me first? Seriously, does anyone else have a problem with this scenario?
FYI: Gregg told her to go and have fun.
(Apparently, I still have some influence on her. She didn't end up going.)
My response: Uhh? What? Which one are you going to kiss?
Her Answer: I guess both of them.
Then as we discussed this for longer than one of the boys wanted to wait, he piped up that Jacey didn't have to kiss him, she could just kiss the other boy. (Thinking I guess, that Jacey had a problem with kissing him.) I don't have a problem with her kissing either of them. I just have a problem with the non romantic way it all came down.
I get the concept. I really do, but here is my consternation with the events. I am a hopeless romantic, and I truly believe that physical relationships of any kind between a man and a woman are special and sacred. I understand it is a just a kiss, but kissing should be something meaningful. Something that makes you smile on the inside and makes you feel like you are valued, and you absolutely know that the person you are kissing thinks the world of you. (Not that these two don't, but they have never thought of each other that way.) How awkward a moment would it be to get to the football field and have to say, okay who is going to kiss me first? Seriously, does anyone else have a problem with this scenario?
FYI: Gregg told her to go and have fun.
(Apparently, I still have some influence on her. She didn't end up going.)



Comments
Post a Comment