Homecoming Dress - I Hope She Likes It!!


I have forever told my daughter that modesty doesn't necessarily mean that you have to wear something out of style. It just means you have to look harder to find it. Well, dress shopping for dances is a real nightmare. The modest dresses aren't really the ones you say, "Oh mom, buy this one." Add in to the mix opinions about what you want your dress to look like, and you are in for a disappointing shopping experience.

Jacey wanted to wear a Boho style dress to homecoming this year, and I searched online for hours and hours looking for something that I thought she would like. I came up with NOTHING!!

So I ventured out to Dillards to start the store based search, and I found this cute little dress. However, it had a seriously problem right off. It was definitely NOT modest. Everything about it was not modest. I sent a text to Jacey and asked her what her thoughts were. She responded  (after I bought it) that it would have been perfect IF it was longer, and less revealing. I then informed her (to her shock and amazement) that I had purchased the dress, and had plans to FIX it. I think she was pretty leery of me doing that. Every girl wants to feel beautiful when she gets dressed up, and she especially wants to feel beautiful when she is going with the cutest boy in the school.

I took that dress and added a second layer. Still totally keeping with the Boho look. Then I lined the top, raised the back by adding another section it, and added sleeves.

I think it turned out so, so cute. The biggest issue was figuring out just the right sleeves. They almost got left off because the dress really isn't revealing in that area, but Jacey feels more at ease when she is just a little more covered.

Final Product!!
 
and with the SEXY Shoes (that Jacey told me to never say again) she will look darling.
So excited for my princess to go to her Cinderella Ball with her Handsome Prince.
Now if she can just figure out who to ask to the Harvest Dance she will be set.

Comments