The Art of Flirting?
So I have been teaching Jacey how to navigate the very serious world of dating. This world leads to finding the most joy possible in an atmosphere where immature boys and immature girls are meeting and mingling and finding what they like and dislike in the opposite sex. So they can narrow the field, and eventually find one worthy of spending eternity with.
But this is my opinion of the boys she has dated so far. Cute! But dumb! I am certainly hopeful that there is a top notch boy that is being groomed just for her, and is learning to survive in this social environment just like she is.
She will hate me relaying this experience, but I think it is so darn cute.
There is a certain boy that for two years, I have been telling her she should date. I happen to know his mom, and absolutely love her. She is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest woman, but not close enough to call up and arrange it myself. When I made the connection, and asked Jacey if she knew him, she said, "Yeah Right. Everyone likes him. I don't stand a chance. He is one of the popular boys." We joke about setting her sights on him, and laugh about the reality of it actually happening.
Well,...He happens to be a friends with our old hometeacher's son, and a few weeks ago I mentioned to him that I wanted Jacey to date this boy, and later Jacey told him to find her a homecoming date. He knew exactly who was top of her list.
She also has other friends who are friends with this kid, and suddenly he is noticing her. They are actually saying hi to each other in the halls.
Then she asks these friends to find her a homecoming date, and they both think of this boy. The poor kid is being bombarded by people on every side trying to convince him to take Jacey to homecoming.
Might happen. Might not, but either way super fun to watch.
Last Friday after school, this boy came up to her and actually tried to talk to her. And this is what my super cute, experienced flirter (haha) of a daughter said,. "See ya later. I have to go to the store
I am still laughing.
Keep 'em guessing cutie. Some boys like a challenge. At this rate, maybe we can shoot for Prom!
But this is my opinion of the boys she has dated so far. Cute! But dumb! I am certainly hopeful that there is a top notch boy that is being groomed just for her, and is learning to survive in this social environment just like she is.
She will hate me relaying this experience, but I think it is so darn cute.
There is a certain boy that for two years, I have been telling her she should date. I happen to know his mom, and absolutely love her. She is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest woman, but not close enough to call up and arrange it myself. When I made the connection, and asked Jacey if she knew him, she said, "Yeah Right. Everyone likes him. I don't stand a chance. He is one of the popular boys." We joke about setting her sights on him, and laugh about the reality of it actually happening.
Well,...He happens to be a friends with our old hometeacher's son, and a few weeks ago I mentioned to him that I wanted Jacey to date this boy, and later Jacey told him to find her a homecoming date. He knew exactly who was top of her list.
She also has other friends who are friends with this kid, and suddenly he is noticing her. They are actually saying hi to each other in the halls.
Then she asks these friends to find her a homecoming date, and they both think of this boy. The poor kid is being bombarded by people on every side trying to convince him to take Jacey to homecoming.
Might happen. Might not, but either way super fun to watch.
Last Friday after school, this boy came up to her and actually tried to talk to her. And this is what my super cute, experienced flirter (haha) of a daughter said,. "See ya later. I have to go to the store
I am still laughing.
Keep 'em guessing cutie. Some boys like a challenge. At this rate, maybe we can shoot for Prom!


Comments
Post a Comment