Lastest Adventures
So, SBO officers for next year were chosen last week, and Jacey again didn't make it. Now we are trying for Senior Class. Good luck Sweetie!! There were thirteen running for elected and 18 trying for appointed. 3 of Jacey's friends were chosen. On a positive note, they will not be in the running next time. The competition is still pretty tough. There are some amazing young men and women running, but Jacey is still staying optimistic that she will make it. She was a trooper after she found out that she didn't make SBO. In order to stay positive, she reached out to her friends that did make it and congratulated them. She also reached out to her friends that didn't. After we delivered that last token gift, she turned to me and said, "I like doing nice things for people." It was so much better than tears.
The very same day we found out that Max DID make SBO elected office. CONGRATULATIONS Sir Maxwell. Well done!! You did your campaign all on your own, your way, and it was successful. Way to stand up even to your mom. I am proud of you. He has a really good group of kids to work with next year. Yay for him.
Wisdom Teeth:
So at our last dental visit, Jacey was told that it is now time to remove her wisdom teeth. The dentist thought that she could wait for summer, but they started to bother her. So we made an appointment.
Then when Max got his braces off, his orthodontist told him he too needed to get at least one of his wisdom teeth out. Ugh! I was not prepared for that one. He doesn't even have his twelve year old molars in all the way.
So yesterday was the day, and of course Gregg was out of town. Seriously? Why is Gregg always gone for the big stuff? Anyway blessings were given last Sunday, and I knew they would do fine. Then the week happened. Both of my kids came down with the flu/cold that is going around, and I didn't know if it would happen. We prayed really hard, and just went for it. So far so good.
They were super funny. Jacey took videos of them both during the ride home, and while they were not really funny enough to post on You Tube, they were entertaining. Apparently, after surgery Max just sleeps, and randomly hallucinates while Jacey is wide awake and gets a little sassy.
Here are my favorite quotes:
"We don't have a car, we have a tank!" (Max).
"Are you a butterfly?" (Max to the nurse.)
"I am a gecko." (Max)
"No you are not, that is STUPID." (Jacey)
"You are Stupid." (Max)
After shoving the gauze back into her mouth, and striking a pose.
Jacey asks, "Do I look GOOD?"
"Yes, you look good." (Mom, laughing)
Flips her hair and says, "Thanks."
Looks in the IPod and does a double take, and then says, "NO I DON'T!"
"We need medicine." (Jacey)
"We need (something hard to understand, but sounds like weed)." (Max)
"Max, we DON'T need WEED."
Seriously staring at me. "You have three eyes." (Jacey)
"I have three eyes?" (Mom)
"Yes." (Jacey)
"No she doesn't. She has four." (Max)
"April Fools!" (Jacey)
"Today IS April Fools, huh?" (Mom)
Pointing to her mouth, "Did they take them out?"
"I am pretty sure they took them out." (Mom)
Long pause... "S C A R Y!" (Jacey)
The very same day we found out that Max DID make SBO elected office. CONGRATULATIONS Sir Maxwell. Well done!! You did your campaign all on your own, your way, and it was successful. Way to stand up even to your mom. I am proud of you. He has a really good group of kids to work with next year. Yay for him.
Wisdom Teeth:
So at our last dental visit, Jacey was told that it is now time to remove her wisdom teeth. The dentist thought that she could wait for summer, but they started to bother her. So we made an appointment.
Then when Max got his braces off, his orthodontist told him he too needed to get at least one of his wisdom teeth out. Ugh! I was not prepared for that one. He doesn't even have his twelve year old molars in all the way.
So yesterday was the day, and of course Gregg was out of town. Seriously? Why is Gregg always gone for the big stuff? Anyway blessings were given last Sunday, and I knew they would do fine. Then the week happened. Both of my kids came down with the flu/cold that is going around, and I didn't know if it would happen. We prayed really hard, and just went for it. So far so good.
They were super funny. Jacey took videos of them both during the ride home, and while they were not really funny enough to post on You Tube, they were entertaining. Apparently, after surgery Max just sleeps, and randomly hallucinates while Jacey is wide awake and gets a little sassy.
Here are my favorite quotes:
"We don't have a car, we have a tank!" (Max).
"Are you a butterfly?" (Max to the nurse.)
"I am a gecko." (Max)
"No you are not, that is STUPID." (Jacey)
"You are Stupid." (Max)
After shoving the gauze back into her mouth, and striking a pose.
Jacey asks, "Do I look GOOD?"
"Yes, you look good." (Mom, laughing)
Flips her hair and says, "Thanks."
Looks in the IPod and does a double take, and then says, "NO I DON'T!"
"We need medicine." (Jacey)
"We need (something hard to understand, but sounds like weed)." (Max)
"Max, we DON'T need WEED."
Seriously staring at me. "You have three eyes." (Jacey)
"I have three eyes?" (Mom)
"Yes." (Jacey)
"No she doesn't. She has four." (Max)
"April Fools!" (Jacey)
"Today IS April Fools, huh?" (Mom)
Pointing to her mouth, "Did they take them out?"
"I am pretty sure they took them out." (Mom)
Long pause... "S C A R Y!" (Jacey)



Comments
Post a Comment