It Has Been Serioiusly Crazy Around Our House
Slogans:
She's on your team.
Don't Make Your Vote Junk, Vote for the Guy Who Can't Dunk!
Jacey and Max have both decided to run for office for next year. (Much Anxiety)
The competition is a little overwhelming. So I am proud of them to even decide to try.
Jacey was VERY hesitant this year. Last year was so upsetting that she didn't want to go to that same unhappy place in her heart. Her plan was to just try for the appointed offices, but a cute boy at school convinced her to be brave enough to fight for her dreams. Thanks Hunter!
Hunter is an officer this year, and when Jacey reached out to him to find out what more she could do. He relayed his story...
He tried in 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th grades to get elected to office, and didn't make it. His senior year he too was going to give up, but decided to try one more time. He ran for SBO. Didn't make it. Tried for appointed SBO. Didn't make it. Ran for Senior Class. Didn't make it, and finally tried for Senior appointed office, and MADE it.
I told Jacey, if Hunter could do it. She could too.
The voting starts today for elected SBO. We will try for appointed later this week. Let's hope with persistence, the outcome is at least as good as Hunter's.
----
Now Max's story:
Last week, Max and I went to the mandatory officer/parent meeting. The library where the meeting was held was packed. Seriously? What student is not going to get tired of reading names on a ballet when there are 50 people running for the same position. Craziness at it's extreme.
I happened to call a mom of another boy running for office, and she told me they were planning to have a voting party to encourage people to vote online. Since it is not going to happen at the school.
More MADNESS! This world gets more and more crazy every day.
Seriously, I am uptight enough as it is. I simply can not go there. If Max and Jacey win this year, it will because it was meant to be. I can not get caught up in the frenzied rat race of trying to be as strategizing as possible, and twist people's arms in psychological cut throat ways.
So with that said, I hope my two sweet, nice kids do not get cut to pieces, and they either come out as a winner, or they come out winners.
I really do have the most amazing kids. I am so proud of both of them. They are so different and yet so capable, and both want to be part of the leadership at their schools. I believe in them. And,... like I said, if it is meant to be, it will all work out. Good Luck Sweet Kids of Mine. Go be AWESOME.



Comments
Post a Comment