New Calling - Stake Girls Camp Director
I know girl's camp is not until August, but the planning starts now. I was super excited when camp was through last summer, and that I had made it through a year of learning, and felt that I could do a better job next time around. I was eager to see the differences of a stake camp compared to a ward camp, and was mentally ready for the next stage of the calling.
That all changed dramatically when I received a new calling back in November. Stake Camp Director!
What the Lord knows of my abilities that I don't know simply overwhelms me. I had no idea how to do a ward level girl's camp, but I muddled my way through and succeeded because the Lord wanted me to. I started off with a strong theme, was led to a fabulous camp site, and simply was guided by the spirit the whole way.
I know it should work like that again, but this is bigger. I have less free agency to do whatever I want because instead of one YW President, and a bishop to get on board with my ideas, I have nine. Add in the Stake Young Women's Presidency, and the Stake Presidency, who are all used to being in charge and have done it before. This means my ability to make changes to the way things have been done in the past is limited. I have simply decided that I can not do anything of any import until after I get assistance. Together we will be lead. Together we will make a stand. Together we will succeed.
I simply can not do this by myself. I know the Lord will be guiding us, but I also need mortal support. It will turn out marvelous, but in the meantime, I am thinking. . . "Who am I to do this Great Work?"
I love girl's camp. I love the Young Women, and I love the Lord. Hopefully, that will be enough to get me started.
That all changed dramatically when I received a new calling back in November. Stake Camp Director!
What the Lord knows of my abilities that I don't know simply overwhelms me. I had no idea how to do a ward level girl's camp, but I muddled my way through and succeeded because the Lord wanted me to. I started off with a strong theme, was led to a fabulous camp site, and simply was guided by the spirit the whole way.
I know it should work like that again, but this is bigger. I have less free agency to do whatever I want because instead of one YW President, and a bishop to get on board with my ideas, I have nine. Add in the Stake Young Women's Presidency, and the Stake Presidency, who are all used to being in charge and have done it before. This means my ability to make changes to the way things have been done in the past is limited. I have simply decided that I can not do anything of any import until after I get assistance. Together we will be lead. Together we will make a stand. Together we will succeed.
I simply can not do this by myself. I know the Lord will be guiding us, but I also need mortal support. It will turn out marvelous, but in the meantime, I am thinking. . . "Who am I to do this Great Work?"
I love girl's camp. I love the Young Women, and I love the Lord. Hopefully, that will be enough to get me started.



Comments
Post a Comment