What Amazing Youth

This past week I had the opportunity to go to girls camp with the Young Women of our ward, and I can sum it all up into one word. AMAZING! I feel incredible love for not only the young women, and leaders, but for every single person that had anything to do with helping with the camp. Today at church I had to hug our bishop. It caught him off guard, but when I explained why, he totally understood. 

I asked the girls to do hard things. I asked them to open their hearts. I asked them to let the Savior in just a little bit more. AND, they rose to the challenge. We had a marvelous time. One that I will never forget.

Today in young women's, the president stood up and told the girls that one of the priesthood brethren that came to help us compared the atmosphere of our camp to the feeling he gets when he is inside the temple. The experience we had up at camp was that special.

Right from the very beginning of the week, I had the feeling that I really hadn't been in charge at all. The Lord with his infinite love for all of us had organized and set up the whole thing.

I am so very grateful that I was trusted enough by the Lord to be able to be an instrument in His hands and witness such a miracle.

Comments