Juvenile vs. Justice Court?

I am just throwing it out there. The justice system is driving me crazy right now.

Last week I found out that Jacey's designated court for her accident was being changed to the Juvenile Court System instead of the Justice Court because she is 15. So on Tuesday Jacey and I went in to the Juvenile Court to request seeing a judge. They do not have record of the citation. So we headed to the Justice Court. They also didn't have record of it, but we were told that it would not go to the Juvenile Court. They would handle it. So I went back to the Highway Patrol Officeand talked to the person that told me it would be moved, and she called her resources to double check. I listened to her conversation on the phone. She reaffirmed that it was indeed the Juvenile Court that would be handling the case.

So two days later I tried again. I figured if they had the information, I would get Jacey home and try again. They still do not have record of her citation in the system. In the parking lot I ran into a friend of mine that is a Davis County Attorney, She was confused when I told her the run around I was getting. She said that Juvenile Court doesn't do accident cases. That she would bet it was the Justice Court that will handle it.

Really? I just want to get this taken care of.

Comments