How To Win Friends . . And Get a Date

Okay, this might sound a bit crazy, but I absolutely love driving my kids around. We have the funniest conversations. Today for example I was not on time picking Jacey up, and she told me she had to wait for a long time because she hadn't talked to anyone after school. I told her jokingly that she would have more friends if she learned how to talk to people. I told her the number one way to make a friend with someone is to talk to them. Then I told her that there is actually a book written by a guy name Dale Carnegie called How To Make Friends and Influence People. She then wanted me to quote the book to her. When I couldn't do it, she decided that I should write my own book. We decided together that I would write a book about how to get a date. (Since I was very good at it way back when, or so she thinks.)

Here are my chapter headings. Let me know what you think.

1. Proximity. The guy has to know who you are, and he has to see you once in a while. (So he is aware of you, but doesn't think you are stalking him.)

2. He has to know you well enough to know that you are available, and that if he asked you out, you would say yes. No one likes to be rejected so he is not going to try if he thinks he will get turned down.

3. Smile

4.  Take a shower. Actually if they think you are cute, it won't matter that you stink, but if you don't take a shower you will NOT be cute.

5.  Brush your teeth.

6. Don't chase him, because they will run away. They won't know why they are running, but they will run.

7.  Don't let them know when you are stalking them.

8. Spend time with them.

9.  Capitalize on their innocence.

10. Play medium to get. Hard to get turns them off, but so does being too easy.

11. Be yourself.

12. Don't tell them you like them until you are married.

It really is about learning how to play the game, and if they know you are playing a game, you are doing it all wrong.

Words of wisdom from the mom. And you wonder why I was a little older when I got married.


The funniest was when Jacey's friend believed me.
  

Comments