Nutcracker

Yes, I am that lame mom who did not bring a camera to her son's performances of the Nutcracker. Partly because I needed batteries for my camera, and partly because I am one of the few people on this planet that does not have a Smartphone with a camera.

Here are a few thoughts from the week.

1. Max was fabulous as always. In fact, because Jacey wasn't in the production this year, she got to watch him for the first time. After the Thursday night show, she told him. "Max you are good." The tone of her voice implied that she absolutely had no idea of the talent her little brother has been sporting all these years. That made him strut his feathers just a little. The accolades of his sister went a lot farther than his mom telling him.

2. Jacey gets a lot of flack from her church leaders at times for choosing to do ballet. I think many of them think that you can not be a righteous young woman if you do ballet. I am not really sure where this idea is founded, but nevertheless, she has had to stand firm in her faith many times on her own. If those same leaders could witness what I see every year backstage, they would be forced to change their opinions. This doesn't happen so much with the little ones, but every group of girls before they go on stage will join hands and put their toes on the inside of the circle to say a prayer that they will do their best. No one is left out. They know they perform as a group and they know that there is a higher power to help them when they are nervous and want to do their best. The adults never ever initiate this. It is all the girls, and it is amazing to watch.

3. There are still crazy people out there. Our stalker lady was back. Apparently she didn't get the memo that Christopher Rudd was not going to be dancing.

4. Max and Jacey both have amazing friends that continue to lift them to greater heights.

5. I so appreciate all the support from family and friends. We truly are blessed to be among wonderful people.

Comments