Longest Term Ever
All I can say is that I am so glad first term is over. Being a mom is hard. Starting next Monday Jacey will have a different math teacher and hopefully things will even themselves out. Having surgery and being out only one week sure did cause a lot of stress in our household. Even Jacey's counselor was laughing at me by the end. He told Jacey, "Your mom is so fun. She just wanted to come in and talk to me." Okay, that is because I am a psycho mom, and I feel it is my responsibility to make sure my kids are learning. I also believe they can learn how to succeed in even the most difficult situations. I really didn't expect him to fix things, I just needed to know how the system works so I can help navigate Jacey through it. He immediately recognized that Jacey would be better off with a different math teacher, and I readily agreed. The problem with that is that the teacher lives in our neighborhood. Sometimes doing the right thing for your kids doesn't make you popular with the people around you, but hey,. . . I lost that popularity vote a long time ago.
Even Max had to get into it at the last minute trying to raise one of his grades. He decided that getting an A in keyboarding was possible and spent 5 hours on the computer trying to pass off typing measures. That is the class that he really should not be in because he didn't take the pre-reqs, and I was thrilled with the grade he was getting. He pulled it off too. Way to go kiddo.
And with all my complaining about Jacey's grades, and the emotional upheaval that we have been through, Jacey's grades certainly don't look as bad as I thought they were going to. Maybe we lost a scholarship opportunity, but she fought hard and came back valiantly. I am very proud of her. I have even learned a thing or two. I have learned that high school is a lot more intense then when I went, and that grades are not the deciding factor in establishing the worth and value of education. Jacey is a fighter, and she will not give up easily. I expect great things from her. Actually I expect great things from both of my kids. They are mighty and strong, and I am super proud to be their mom.
Even Max had to get into it at the last minute trying to raise one of his grades. He decided that getting an A in keyboarding was possible and spent 5 hours on the computer trying to pass off typing measures. That is the class that he really should not be in because he didn't take the pre-reqs, and I was thrilled with the grade he was getting. He pulled it off too. Way to go kiddo.
And with all my complaining about Jacey's grades, and the emotional upheaval that we have been through, Jacey's grades certainly don't look as bad as I thought they were going to. Maybe we lost a scholarship opportunity, but she fought hard and came back valiantly. I am very proud of her. I have even learned a thing or two. I have learned that high school is a lot more intense then when I went, and that grades are not the deciding factor in establishing the worth and value of education. Jacey is a fighter, and she will not give up easily. I expect great things from her. Actually I expect great things from both of my kids. They are mighty and strong, and I am super proud to be their mom.



Comments
Post a Comment