It's That Time of Year
Both of my kids schools messed up their schedules. I think they do this on purpose to see how crazy they can make me. Max had so many classes that he didn't sign up for it wasn't funny. He had semester only classes all year long. Now while gym is okay, keyboarding is not. So after spending a full hour yelling at the counselor (Which I didn't think I was doing, but Jacey thought otherwise. That is apparently what comes out when I am frustrated and fighting for my son.) we finally made some compromises. He couldn't take Utah Studies Honors, but he was able to take more of the classes he wanted. He does still have to take a full year of gym (oh darn), and he has to work his butt off in the next level keyboarding class, but it was the best we could do. He still has 8th grade math, English Honors and Science Honors, Gym, CTEI and Keyboarding Applications, Utah Studies and Choir. Not too shabby for my really handsome smart son.
Jacey started her schedule with two classes, and since she really wants to graduate with the rest of her classmates we had to fight for her too. She also has a class that wasn't anticipated, but I think it worked out for the best now that we know she is having surgery in September and is going to have a six to eight week recovery time. It would have been impossible for her to do well in a Fit For Life class. She is taking English Honors, Math Honors, World Civ. Honors, Biology Honors, Psychology, Spanish 2, Health Sciences and Seminary.
I really do believe that my Heavenly Father watches over and protects my children every single day of their lives. Now if I could just figure out how to just roll with the flow, it would make life so much easier.
So grateful to be a mom.


Comments
Post a Comment