Finally, . . .

When Jacey was in the seventh grade, I took her in to the doctor because she had a huge bump on her leg. We were told that it is an outgrowth of bone, and that we should just monitor it every six months. They didn't explain more than that. They did say that if it ever bothers her, they could go in and have the bone shaved. They didn't seem worried, so I didn't worry.

Well this past summer, Jacey started complaining that her leg was hurting her more, so I made an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. I was not going to mess around this time. I knew it was time to get to the bottom of this and get it taken care of. When I received and  read the medical records from her prior doctor I was mad.

Never once did the doctor tell us that Jacey has osteochondroma. That certainly would have been handy to know. It would have made us a little more informed as to what to expect down the road. Maybe the doctor didn't want to scare us, but REALLY?

Jacey is having surgery September 23rd. We are finally take charge of this whole situation.

I also am very proud of my beautiful daughter. She is so brave and strong. Unfortunately we have to cause her more pain in order to get better. She knows this and is willing to jump in and get it over with. Way to dig deep Lady P. I love you.

 Remember this?  Picture taken in 2012
 Here are updated pictures taken today.

Comments