All-Star Weekends
Our All-Star tournament was last weekend and it was an adventure to say the least. Max's team lost their first game on Friday night. Then they won their first game on Saturday. Max hit an overthrow homerun to bring his team into the lead, and the pitcher was able to hold them for the win. The next game they happened to verse the other Layton All-Star team, and they looked liked they would win this one too. They were up 6-3 when Max had the chance to win the game. He thought he had done it too. The only problem was the umpire didn't see it, and the other team scored a run. The next play sent in three more runners, and Max's team lost 6-7.
I can not begin to tell you how upset my son was. He came out of the dugout throwing his gear and yelling at me, and I yelled back because I did not deserve to be yelled at.
He was furious with the world for a good couple of hours because he felt that it was his fault that they had lost the game. I appreciate the fact that he was willing to take the blame, but HE did not lose the game. If the umpire would have seen him tag the guy running to third base, he would have been responsible for winning the game, but the ump didn't see it and Max had nothing to do with the next play. Wow, sports does bring out a side of my cute son that I don't always appreciate seeing.
Fortunately for Max, the Championship All-Star game on the 4th of July had a different out come. I wish I had a picture of Max sliding home with a huge payback smile on his face. Like I have blogged about before, he is a smart base runner. He was able to steal home for a run. The last inning felt very much like the tournament game when we faced them, but this time our team held them for the win. Way to go Max. Thanks for the memories. I love to watch you play baseball. I will even still love you when you lose your cool and yell at the umpires. Because that tells me that you are totally invested in the ball game.
He was furious with the world for a good couple of hours because he felt that it was his fault that they had lost the game. I appreciate the fact that he was willing to take the blame, but HE did not lose the game. If the umpire would have seen him tag the guy running to third base, he would have been responsible for winning the game, but the ump didn't see it and Max had nothing to do with the next play. Wow, sports does bring out a side of my cute son that I don't always appreciate seeing.
Fortunately for Max, the Championship All-Star game on the 4th of July had a different out come. I wish I had a picture of Max sliding home with a huge payback smile on his face. Like I have blogged about before, he is a smart base runner. He was able to steal home for a run. The last inning felt very much like the tournament game when we faced them, but this time our team held them for the win. Way to go Max. Thanks for the memories. I love to watch you play baseball. I will even still love you when you lose your cool and yell at the umpires. Because that tells me that you are totally invested in the ball game.





Comments
Post a Comment