Nice Finish Boys
Max's team had a double header tonight to catch up on the two rain out game they had during the regular season, and wouldn't you know I couldn't go. Jacey made me feel guilty about wanting to go to my son's game instead of Relief Society, and told me that I would be blessed if I fulfilled my calling the way I am supposed to (I am the Relief Society Activity Leader.) I ended up believing her and went to RS. I was able to catch 10 minutes of the first game, and about 45 minutes of the second game.
As I walked out of the ballpark, I turned it over to the Lord to watch out for my son. When I walked back into the ballpark I was anxious I knew they were facing their toughest competition, and I was a little nervous. It was then that I heard a hit of a ball, then I heard cheering. I hoped that it was our team, and I hoped that everything was going well. As soon as I could I looked at the scoreboard only to find that Max's team was indeed behind. Then I looked at the playing field. Max was on second, and no one was on first. That meant Max had been responsible for the cheering. Oh what a nice Mom moment. I was proud of him. The hit had sounded like a good solid hit. He has been working on his batting and apparently it is paying off.
Then everything went CRAZY. I don't even know what happened. Obviously someone did something, but no one can remember what it was. Landon who was on third either tried to steal home, or didn't get back to base after a pop up, but he got tagged out at third. Max decided in all the confusion that it was a really good time to steal to third. (Just for the record, he made it safely to third.) Then the other team's coach started yelling that there couldn't be two players on the same base, and sent Max back to second base. Which confused everyone, and Max ran back to second base at which time the other team tagged him for the out. What the heck? My two boys went ballistic. Gregg was livid, and was yelling at the refs and the other coaches. Max was furious, and was yelling at the refs, and the refs being young boys didn't quite know what to do with what just happened. It was then that I realized that the tension of the game was thick. It wasn't just this play. Parents from opposing teams were yelling at each other and making accusations, and I was filled in pretty quickly that it wasn't Max's first incident of the night. That is why I have a hard time leaving his games. Both of my boys love baseball, but they also love it to be fair. Neither one of them will quietly let the game play out. They both think that yelling at refs is the way to go when injustices are done. Nevermind that the same coach that caused the whole problem later made the comment to Gregg that Max was a smart base runner. WHAT? In all the confusion here is the bottom line. Landon was out. Max could have stayed on third, and been safe.
Ugh! It makes me so crazy.
I paced back and forth, until I had the chance to relay my two bits to every single member of my family.
To my ever competant but competitive husband, "You have GOT to calm down. . . for Max!"
To my very intense son, "You have GOT to channel it!"
And to Max's fiesty and protective sister, "It is ONLY a game."
The intensityof the game never did let up, but we were able to tie the game up, and in extra game time we were able to pull off the victory. WOW, what a game. I sat on the edge of my seat worried stiff that at any moment one of my boys would topple over the edge of sanity. Even Jacey who is usually more rational was caught up into the stress of it all.
With the win they were able to finish the year 10 - 0. Nice job Braves!
As I walked out of the ballpark, I turned it over to the Lord to watch out for my son. When I walked back into the ballpark I was anxious I knew they were facing their toughest competition, and I was a little nervous. It was then that I heard a hit of a ball, then I heard cheering. I hoped that it was our team, and I hoped that everything was going well. As soon as I could I looked at the scoreboard only to find that Max's team was indeed behind. Then I looked at the playing field. Max was on second, and no one was on first. That meant Max had been responsible for the cheering. Oh what a nice Mom moment. I was proud of him. The hit had sounded like a good solid hit. He has been working on his batting and apparently it is paying off.
Then everything went CRAZY. I don't even know what happened. Obviously someone did something, but no one can remember what it was. Landon who was on third either tried to steal home, or didn't get back to base after a pop up, but he got tagged out at third. Max decided in all the confusion that it was a really good time to steal to third. (Just for the record, he made it safely to third.) Then the other team's coach started yelling that there couldn't be two players on the same base, and sent Max back to second base. Which confused everyone, and Max ran back to second base at which time the other team tagged him for the out. What the heck? My two boys went ballistic. Gregg was livid, and was yelling at the refs and the other coaches. Max was furious, and was yelling at the refs, and the refs being young boys didn't quite know what to do with what just happened. It was then that I realized that the tension of the game was thick. It wasn't just this play. Parents from opposing teams were yelling at each other and making accusations, and I was filled in pretty quickly that it wasn't Max's first incident of the night. That is why I have a hard time leaving his games. Both of my boys love baseball, but they also love it to be fair. Neither one of them will quietly let the game play out. They both think that yelling at refs is the way to go when injustices are done. Nevermind that the same coach that caused the whole problem later made the comment to Gregg that Max was a smart base runner. WHAT? In all the confusion here is the bottom line. Landon was out. Max could have stayed on third, and been safe.
Ugh! It makes me so crazy.
I paced back and forth, until I had the chance to relay my two bits to every single member of my family.
To my ever competant but competitive husband, "You have GOT to calm down. . . for Max!"
To my very intense son, "You have GOT to channel it!"
And to Max's fiesty and protective sister, "It is ONLY a game."
The intensityof the game never did let up, but we were able to tie the game up, and in extra game time we were able to pull off the victory. WOW, what a game. I sat on the edge of my seat worried stiff that at any moment one of my boys would topple over the edge of sanity. Even Jacey who is usually more rational was caught up into the stress of it all.
With the win they were able to finish the year 10 - 0. Nice job Braves!


Comments
Post a Comment