Jacey's Science Fair Project


Yuck, I am glad these are not in my refrigerator, or in my dining room any more.  Apparently the permiability of these polymers still allows odors to escape. 

For your information the store brand (which was Western Family) did the best of all plastic wraps.  Do not waste your money on more expensive brands.  While in years passed, they were made out of three different kinds of polymers, they have all since gone to polyethylene (LDPE).  You might be able to find polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in food service quality wraps, but you will not be able to find polyvinylidene chloride (PVdC).  Basically, all the brands in your grocery store are the same.  Something they will not tell you. 

I did however, get a sample of Stretch Tite from the company and it does seem to cling better than the rest.  As far as permiability?  I will have to let you know.  It arrived after Jacey's testing was over.

Comments