Jr. Jazz Saturdays

Max is a competitor.  He does not like to lose.  Unfortunately, his Jr. Jazz team this year is not very good.  Going into this last game, we had lost our first two games by considerable margins.  Gregg even voiced to Jacey that he didn't think they would win a single game this year.  (Some years are like that.)  Well, Max always comes to play and is never going down without a fight. 

At the last game, I overheard a mom after she noticed the fact that my son was trying to get rebounds. She thought it was extremely hilarious that the littlest guy on the court thought he had a chance to get the rebounds.  (He got a few.)  He is right there fighting right to the end.  After a while, she quieted down.  I think is was when she figured out that I was the little guys mom.   Just for the record this mom's son is one of the bigger ones out there and he should be getting all the rebounds.

But Miracles happen.  Last Saturday Max's team won their first game.  I also noticed something about the scoring.  When my son was on the floor playing, the team went ahead on the boards.  When he was sitting on the bench they lost their lead.  He didn't do all the scoring, but he must have been doing something right out on the court.  Way to play tough kiddo. 






Comments