Snowy Roads

On Saturday, we woke up with things to do.  Gregg's list:  The bags of leaves needed to be taken to the dump.  The lawn mower needed to be emptied, and the snow blower prepped for winter.  Barbara's list:  Baby shower invitations needed to be sent.  The bathrooms needed to be cleaned, and the new tile needed to be caulked.  The kid's needed to not only clean their bathroom so that their tile could be caulked too, but their rooms needed to be cleaned.  Therefore, that meant there was laundry to do.  Max had a soccer game, and then we were going to go to an annual family Christmas party. 

Thankfully, most of the list was accomplished, but there was one item on the list that had a little snag.  When we looked at Max's soccer schedule, we realized that his game was at the same time as our family party, and we should have found a sub for him.  We first thought we would just be late.  That was until it kept snowing and snowing and snowing.  The weather simply didn't work in our favor.  The roads were awful, and neither of our two vehicles are great in the snow.  So we did the next best thing.  We split up to divide and conquer.  Not the best plan, but I was still hopeful that we all could (eventually) make the party. 

Gregg and Jacey went to the party, and Max and I went to his soccer game.  As soon as Max's fabulous game, we started on our way, but it wasn't long before I got a little nervous and asked Max to say a prayer that we would make it safe.  He has his own unique way of praying, and this prayer was no different.  He prayed that hopefully we would be safe if we went to the party, or if we had to turn around, we would be safe turning around.  That was not really the approach that I would have taken, but it was definitely the right one.  I made it as far as Farmington before I was nervous enough to say enough.  I decided it was time to turn around.   

I will never know if we made the right choice or not, but sometimes in life you just have to make a choice.  I was sad to miss the party.

Comments