Still Not Home

Just for documentation purposes, we have currently been out of home now for 2 1/2 months. 

However, we are making progress.  We have been told that we can move in, but since some of the needed work to be done involved areas that Gregg works, we can't move in yet.  He wants it done and no more workers coming and going before we move in.  It is the right choice, but I still just want to go home. 

I have now hit the sane limit to this adventure.  Last week, the plumber discovered that my kitchen sink had been chipped in the tear out of my home.  So, I got a new one.  He recommended that I get a new faucet at the same time.  Yes, I wanted a new faucet, but which one.  I had been looking for a style that I liked for a long time.  These are the features that I wanted in a new faucet.  1.  I wanted it to have an upgraded look to it.  2.  I didn't want a hose.  3.  I wanted it to be "cute".  Apparently, those three things are not features of any one faucet out there.  I went to Standard plumbing where the plumber recommended that I go, and looked at the faucet he recommended.  Nope, that was not the one.  So I searched for another one.  Nothing jumped out at me.  Then I went to Durk's Plumbing and talked to the owner who happens to be a friend.  He did his best to make recommendations too.  The problem was this.  I simply couldn't make the decision. 

Gregg was called in to rescue me.  He met me back at Standard Plumbing and then we drove to Durk's again.  His list of features that were needed in a new faucet included this, 1.  It needed to make his wife happy!  That's it. 

Finally, we decided on one.  I now have a very, very nice top of the line faucet.  One that is over and above what I was looking for.  It fills two out of the three features I was looking for.  It has an upgraded look, and it is very nice to look at.  However, it has a hose.  We'll see if I am converted to hoses.  For the most part I think they just wear out and leak, and this point in my life, I don't really want anything in my house that could leak. 

The hardest part of this adventure that we are currently experiencing is that my family doesn't like to be at our house.  It is not comfortable to them.  They don't feel like they can just sit down and relax.  I have been through the roller coaster of emotions of fighting for my home to such an extent that I am well and truly vested in my home again.  A friend of mine texted me last week to tell me about a home that was for sale in her neighborhood, and she said that she would love it if we bought the house and moved there.  I love this family, and I would absolutely love to move closer to them.  They would be the greatest neighbors ever.  But, I can't go there.  Everything inside of me is screaming to keep fighting for our cute little home.  It needs to get back to being the safe haven that it once was.  We are so close, but still I don't know when we will be able to move back home. 

I will be very glad when the day finally comes when I can say that I am home.

Comments