Nutcracker 2013


 
Just once, I would like to make it through Nutcracker season without drama.  This year it centered around Max, but before I get into that I need to shout out a big congratulations to Jacey for making it again this year.  She will be dancing the part of a red soldier, and before you give her your condolences, they have changed the dance to be on-pointe.  We will have to wait and see how that turns out.  All I can say is that some very good dancers are dancing alongside Jacey.  Well done Princess.
 
Now, Max.  He wanted to try out again this year, but his friend wasn't going to.  That was okay because Max is now mature enough to decide for himself what he wants to do.  Then, soccer schedules changed and he couldn't do both.  He chose soccer even though he still wanted to tryout.  On the day of tryouts, he finds out that his friend (whose soccer schedule also changed) was going to try out.  Now his friend who didn't want to tryout was going to, and Max who wanted to tryout wasn't going to be able to.  After much tears, we are finally accepting that life doesn't always give us what we want, and sometimes your friends get to do what you want to do instead.  Rough lesson this time around.  Just don't ask Max about it.  It still is a sore spot.

Comments