House Update
Tomorrow marks the 2 week mark of my house flooding. I don't remember if I wrote what cause the problem in the first place. It ended up being a hose connected to my washing machine. Wow, it is amazing the damage that one caused. My suggestion to everyone reading this is to make sure you change your hoses regularly.
We are currently living with my mom (because my house is torn apart), and trying to coordinate workers getting in our home and trying to enjoy the last month of summer.
So here is the house update:
Workers have finished the deconstruction phase of my home, and we are trying to get bids together to start putting it all back together. On the second floor, it has mostly floor damage. The carpet pads have all been pulled up and the family bath flooring has also been pulled out. The main floor is where the most costly repair work is needed. My kitchen has been completely gutted . The sheetrock on the ceiling has been pulled down. The hard wood floors have been pulled out, and the cabinets have been removed. The family room, lost sheetrock over the duck work, and again carpet pads have been pulled up. The half bath flooring has also been pulled out. The dining room and the living room have had carpet pad removed. Downstairs in the basement, all the pad has been pulled up except in one bedroom, ceilings are down, door frames and baseboards have been pulled off. So pretty much there is no livable place for us to reside. Every room in my house was effected
Some areas are going to get makeovers like the laundry room and the bathrooms, but for the rest of it, I just want it put back together. I have a pod in my driveway packed with all our "stuff", and our garage is full of more "stuff". It definitely might be time to get rid of everything we don't need anymore.
Gregg is working from my mom's house and the kids are being very resilient, and tying to live as normal as possible. Jacey wants to bring all of her clothes to grandma's house and doesn't know why she can't. It isn't that she can't, but rather we don't want to move everything back home again when this is all over.
Me? I am tired. I am not only trying to piece my house back together, but I need to make sure everyone is all right too, and that includes my mom and step dad. I know we have put a burden on them even though they are telling me that they enjoy us there. They are helping us out immensely, and I appreciate all that they are doing for us. I need to just let go of the worries, and just let things happen, but I am still working on that skill.
Hopefully, things will start proceeding forward from here.
We are currently living with my mom (because my house is torn apart), and trying to coordinate workers getting in our home and trying to enjoy the last month of summer.
So here is the house update:
Workers have finished the deconstruction phase of my home, and we are trying to get bids together to start putting it all back together. On the second floor, it has mostly floor damage. The carpet pads have all been pulled up and the family bath flooring has also been pulled out. The main floor is where the most costly repair work is needed. My kitchen has been completely gutted . The sheetrock on the ceiling has been pulled down. The hard wood floors have been pulled out, and the cabinets have been removed. The family room, lost sheetrock over the duck work, and again carpet pads have been pulled up. The half bath flooring has also been pulled out. The dining room and the living room have had carpet pad removed. Downstairs in the basement, all the pad has been pulled up except in one bedroom, ceilings are down, door frames and baseboards have been pulled off. So pretty much there is no livable place for us to reside. Every room in my house was effected
Some areas are going to get makeovers like the laundry room and the bathrooms, but for the rest of it, I just want it put back together. I have a pod in my driveway packed with all our "stuff", and our garage is full of more "stuff". It definitely might be time to get rid of everything we don't need anymore.
Gregg is working from my mom's house and the kids are being very resilient, and tying to live as normal as possible. Jacey wants to bring all of her clothes to grandma's house and doesn't know why she can't. It isn't that she can't, but rather we don't want to move everything back home again when this is all over.
Me? I am tired. I am not only trying to piece my house back together, but I need to make sure everyone is all right too, and that includes my mom and step dad. I know we have put a burden on them even though they are telling me that they enjoy us there. They are helping us out immensely, and I appreciate all that they are doing for us. I need to just let go of the worries, and just let things happen, but I am still working on that skill.
Hopefully, things will start proceeding forward from here.


I hope you are taking before-during and after pictures. Things like this are hard to really picture later. Remember if you need a diversion come over.
ReplyDelete