Heavens Blessings
Today my mom's home teachers came and gave a lesson to us. It was on gratitude and having a positive attitude. This is something that I am trying very hard to focus on right now. I am trying very hard to stay positive. Some days are better than others.
Last Thursday, the company doing our reconstruction called to tell me that the sheet rock people were done with their portion, and it was time to get the flooring people in. I was so excited to get the news. I called the flooring company and was told that the wood floor that I ordered was on back order for two weeks. ( First slump of the day.) I took a deep sigh and thought, "I just need to be patient". Then I went to my house to inspect the job that was apparently done. Uggh! It looked awful. (Second slump of the day.) I sanded some, and then went back to my mom's house to call Gregg (who was in Michigan) to gripe and complain. I waited until the weekend so that Gregg could go with me to get a closer look. The job that was supposed to be done was actually worse than I originally thought. (Third slump.) Now I need to call the company to complain, and to hopefully get the men back in to fix it. I am not very good at things like this. I hate confrontations. I would so like to call them today to get it over with, but I am trying to be faithful and not do it on the Sabbath day. Hopefully, the Lord will bless me for waiting.
So here I am a month after our home flooded, and we are still living with my mom. I have no idea how long we are going to be here, and school starts tomorrow. At the moment, I am not feeling a great deal of gratitude. I am just tired, and I want to go home. I find myself going to my house, and I wander around looking for something to do. There really isn't a lot to do and it frustrates me even more. When school starts, I will start my projects which include: Repainting Jacey's room, adding board and batten to some of the rooms, and apparently making sure that the workers do a better job.
So with that in mind, here is a list of things that I am grateful for:
1. I am grateful for wonderfully resilient children. Who most the time get along.
2. I am grateful to my mom and Dick for allowing us to live with them until we can go home.
3. I am grateful to my cute husband who isn't complaining about living with his in-laws.
4. I am grateful for wonderful neighbors who are watching over our home.
5. I am grateful for the chance to get new wood floors in my house, and tile instead of linoleum.
6. I am grateful for a good insurance company that is paying for the restoration of my home.
7. I am grateful for a wonderful husband who not only has a job, but who also recently received a promotion too. (I am so proud of him.)
8. I am thankful to a really sweet lady who walks with me every day.
9. I am thankful for my cute older friend who even though she has struggles of her own, listens to mine, and drives by my home and notices when workers are there, and intuitively knows how frustrated I am when they aren't there.
10. I am thankful that my kids like school, and are excited to go back.
11. I am thankful for the extra time I have to spend in my home fixing it up. Hopefully, in the process, it will improve.
12. I am so very grateful that we could have such a wonderful vacation this summer before all the chaos began.
Last Thursday, the company doing our reconstruction called to tell me that the sheet rock people were done with their portion, and it was time to get the flooring people in. I was so excited to get the news. I called the flooring company and was told that the wood floor that I ordered was on back order for two weeks. ( First slump of the day.) I took a deep sigh and thought, "I just need to be patient". Then I went to my house to inspect the job that was apparently done. Uggh! It looked awful. (Second slump of the day.) I sanded some, and then went back to my mom's house to call Gregg (who was in Michigan) to gripe and complain. I waited until the weekend so that Gregg could go with me to get a closer look. The job that was supposed to be done was actually worse than I originally thought. (Third slump.) Now I need to call the company to complain, and to hopefully get the men back in to fix it. I am not very good at things like this. I hate confrontations. I would so like to call them today to get it over with, but I am trying to be faithful and not do it on the Sabbath day. Hopefully, the Lord will bless me for waiting.
So here I am a month after our home flooded, and we are still living with my mom. I have no idea how long we are going to be here, and school starts tomorrow. At the moment, I am not feeling a great deal of gratitude. I am just tired, and I want to go home. I find myself going to my house, and I wander around looking for something to do. There really isn't a lot to do and it frustrates me even more. When school starts, I will start my projects which include: Repainting Jacey's room, adding board and batten to some of the rooms, and apparently making sure that the workers do a better job.
So with that in mind, here is a list of things that I am grateful for:
1. I am grateful for wonderfully resilient children. Who most the time get along.
2. I am grateful to my mom and Dick for allowing us to live with them until we can go home.
3. I am grateful to my cute husband who isn't complaining about living with his in-laws.
4. I am grateful for wonderful neighbors who are watching over our home.
5. I am grateful for the chance to get new wood floors in my house, and tile instead of linoleum.
6. I am grateful for a good insurance company that is paying for the restoration of my home.
7. I am grateful for a wonderful husband who not only has a job, but who also recently received a promotion too. (I am so proud of him.)
8. I am thankful to a really sweet lady who walks with me every day.
9. I am thankful for my cute older friend who even though she has struggles of her own, listens to mine, and drives by my home and notices when workers are there, and intuitively knows how frustrated I am when they aren't there.
10. I am thankful that my kids like school, and are excited to go back.
11. I am thankful for the extra time I have to spend in my home fixing it up. Hopefully, in the process, it will improve.
12. I am so very grateful that we could have such a wonderful vacation this summer before all the chaos began.


Comments
Post a Comment