Hawaii - Day 8
When we were putting together our bucket lists for Hawaii, Max said he wanted to jump off a water fall. (That would be my son.) Well, we finally were able to do it on the last day before returning home. We got up early, and hiked up to Maunawili Falls. I have to admit, the hike was beautiful. Badly marked, but worth the effort in every way. We told Ryan that his Eagle Scout project could be better marking the trail.
This was the falls that Max, Jacey and Ryan jumped off of. There was also another falls back behind this one. The kids happily jumped off this 10 foot rock area for a good while before the next hikers came up the trail. It was nice to have it all to ourselves. There was a man from the group behind us that jumped from the higher area. Ummm NOOOOO! Max will have to come back when his mom is not with us. Especially if I don't see anyone else do it first, AND LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT.
We only had one mishap. Jacey was so worried about slipping into the gooey mud that in one spot, the roots tripped her. I told her that meant that she couldn't jump in the waterfall, or she would get a disease. (I had heard that at church two days before. Apparently, I didn't really believe the lady when she told me, because as you can tell Jacey was allowed to get in.) Max now wants to go to more waterfalls.
After our hike to Maunawili Falls, we went back to the house to take showers and hopefully take some family pictures in Hawaii. I got individuals. . .
BUT. . the wind kicked up, and ruined the photo opportunity. Oh well. We likes the wind blown look.
Then it was off to find another beach. We tried to find a beach with a little more waves to body board on again, but because we left our wallet lying on the beach to tempt someone to steal it, we had to come back to Ko' Olina beach again. (We were lucky! Our prayers were answered, and our bag was right where we left it.)
As a good-bye dinner, Alan took us to Aulani Disney Resort. We had a fabulous time, and enjoyed another night of great company.
This was the falls that Max, Jacey and Ryan jumped off of. There was also another falls back behind this one. The kids happily jumped off this 10 foot rock area for a good while before the next hikers came up the trail. It was nice to have it all to ourselves. There was a man from the group behind us that jumped from the higher area. Ummm NOOOOO! Max will have to come back when his mom is not with us. Especially if I don't see anyone else do it first, AND LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT.
We only had one mishap. Jacey was so worried about slipping into the gooey mud that in one spot, the roots tripped her. I told her that meant that she couldn't jump in the waterfall, or she would get a disease. (I had heard that at church two days before. Apparently, I didn't really believe the lady when she told me, because as you can tell Jacey was allowed to get in.) Max now wants to go to more waterfalls.
After our hike to Maunawili Falls, we went back to the house to take showers and hopefully take some family pictures in Hawaii. I got individuals. . .
BUT. . the wind kicked up, and ruined the photo opportunity. Oh well. We likes the wind blown look.
Then it was off to find another beach. We tried to find a beach with a little more waves to body board on again, but because we left our wallet lying on the beach to tempt someone to steal it, we had to come back to Ko' Olina beach again. (We were lucky! Our prayers were answered, and our bag was right where we left it.)
One more fabulous sunset. So Amazing!!


Comments
Post a Comment