Hawaii - Day 2
When Alan called me to ask me to put together a calendar of our trip, I had know idea a should have booked tickets to Pearl Harbor months ago. Yes, they still do walk ups, but Gregg and Alan had to get up at 5:00 a.m. to stand in line to get tickets. From the pictures you may guess that they were successful.
USS Arizona Memorial wall.
Jacey and Max
USS Bowfin Submarine
USS Missouri Battleship
Max inspired this funny pose by the historic "kiss" to celebrate the end of the war.
After Pearl Harbor, we drove down to Ko'olina for more fun on the beach.
I think Max came home with sand still inside his ears.
Both my kids took to the ocean as if they were born there. It makes their mom's heart smile to know they enjoy something together.
Gregg vs. The Beach
Last time we went to a beach, my husband wouldn't join me for a walk on the sand. He stayed on a wall and watched me while I took my shoes off and took a stroll. I love the beach. I love the feel of sand in between my toes. I love the sounds the ocean makes as it laps up against the beach. It is like I have come home. It is a part of me, and it relaxes me. So, I was pleasantly surprised when Gregg joined us in the water. Actually, I underestimated him. Gregg ended up being in the water more than I was. He rather likes snorkeling.
Did you know that there is a green flash when the sun sets in Hawaii?


Comments
Post a Comment