Silly Teacher
Yesterday, Jacey told me that her teacher, (for Honors English) made a policy change regarding how much extra credit a student is allowed per term. The teacher has now decided that only 25 extra credit points may be applied. (Not 75 that Jacey turned in.) She looked right at Jacey while making this change. Gregg and I had a good laugh. There was no limit before, and I will admit that Jacey took FULL advantage of this loop hole in her policies. (I did reiterate to Jacey that some teachers don't let you do extra credit at all.) She then went on to explain that extra credit in her mind is to raise your grade from an A- to an A, or a B+ to and A-, etc., not from a C to an A. Again she looked right at Jacey. I took exception to that pointed look. Jacey DID NOT have a C before adding her extra credit points. She had a B+. Still, . . . we would have been happy with an A-. We were just doing everything possible to raise her scores from the Tom Sawyer unit that tripped Jacey up.
NOTE: What did Jacey learn? Well, she learned that if she is reading a book that is new or different from what she normally reads, she might not be able to read it at school when there are distractions around, AND even then, sometimes she might have to read it out loud to get the meaning of what she is reading.


Comments
Post a Comment