A Little Extra Credit for the Holidays

I have to post about my cute daughter, and how proud of her I am.

To give you a little background, she is taking Honors English in school this year.  This is the first year that she has taken an honors class, and it is proving to be a bit of a learning curve.  Her teacher is trying to get them to think on their own rather than regurgitating information that has been presented.  So, she is a little frustrated, and I being the loving mom that I am keeps encouraging her to take it to the next level.  So what does that mean?  Well it means that if your grade is slipping a little, you do all the extra credit that you can. 

One of the options to earn extra credit was to memorize the Gettysburg Address before Christmas.  Everyone has to memorize it, but if they did it before Christmas they would earn extra credit.  Jacey didn't want to do this extra credit, but I STRONGLY encouraged her.  I printed the Gettysburg Address onto eight pages and we memorized it page by page.  This week was the deadline, and last weekend, we were two pages down.  Our brains were fried.  There comes a point where you just can't remember any more for awhile, but Jacey did it.  By Tuesday night she had it pretty good.  Wednesday she did it perfectly for me, and Thursday along with five other classmates, she took the test.  THE RESULT:  She passed.  Actually, she was the only one of the five to pass.

Congratulations Lady P.  I am very proud of you.  See, you can do hard things!

Comments