I Am Still Challenged
Well, it is official. My 12 week challenge is over. And, . . . I did it!!
I lasted the whole 12 weeks, and I lost only two points, and about 5 pounds. I didn't win, but I am very proud of myself for having done it. I lost one point for my absurd personal goal of having dinner on the table by 5:30. (Anyone with sons who play soccer know that games scheduled at 5:00 make this goal nearly impossible. They have to be at the field by 4:30, and you have to have time to travel there.) My kids got so tired of eating by 4:00. The first thing they said when they found out I was done was, "Oh good! Now we can eat at a normal time." The second point I lost was the day before Thanksgiving. I was making a Lemon Truffle pie to take to my sister's when I accidentally licked a spatula that I was finished with. So much for no treats that day.
I didn't get the results that I was hoping for, but I feel good about heading in the right direction. Which means, . . I am still going. Yeah! Okay, I am going to mellow on the personal goal, but I am going to keep exercising every day, and I am going to keep eating healthier. NO TREATS, except on special occasions. That would be holidays and extended family parties. (I have to tell you that I did not feel very good when I went to bed on Thanksgiving day, and I know it is because I didn't eat very well.) Now, I just need to teach my brain that I don't want all those yummy treats. You would think that I would learn.
While on this challenge, I was forced to pay attention to me. While I am not a big advocate on being self-centered, it was way past time to take care of myself. The OBGyn was not happy with me for ignoring him for two years, and the GI doctor will be making some extra cash for the holidays. (Thanks to my grandma who died of colon cancer, I am on the list for premature testing.)
Depending on the results of all the tests I will be taking, I might be laid up for the holidays.
Not really what I signed up for when I started this challenge, but it is time.
I lasted the whole 12 weeks, and I lost only two points, and about 5 pounds. I didn't win, but I am very proud of myself for having done it. I lost one point for my absurd personal goal of having dinner on the table by 5:30. (Anyone with sons who play soccer know that games scheduled at 5:00 make this goal nearly impossible. They have to be at the field by 4:30, and you have to have time to travel there.) My kids got so tired of eating by 4:00. The first thing they said when they found out I was done was, "Oh good! Now we can eat at a normal time." The second point I lost was the day before Thanksgiving. I was making a Lemon Truffle pie to take to my sister's when I accidentally licked a spatula that I was finished with. So much for no treats that day.
I didn't get the results that I was hoping for, but I feel good about heading in the right direction. Which means, . . I am still going. Yeah! Okay, I am going to mellow on the personal goal, but I am going to keep exercising every day, and I am going to keep eating healthier. NO TREATS, except on special occasions. That would be holidays and extended family parties. (I have to tell you that I did not feel very good when I went to bed on Thanksgiving day, and I know it is because I didn't eat very well.) Now, I just need to teach my brain that I don't want all those yummy treats. You would think that I would learn.
While on this challenge, I was forced to pay attention to me. While I am not a big advocate on being self-centered, it was way past time to take care of myself. The OBGyn was not happy with me for ignoring him for two years, and the GI doctor will be making some extra cash for the holidays. (Thanks to my grandma who died of colon cancer, I am on the list for premature testing.)
Depending on the results of all the tests I will be taking, I might be laid up for the holidays.
Not really what I signed up for when I started this challenge, but it is time.



Comments
Post a Comment