Happy Halloween

HURRAY!  MY HUSBAND IS HOME!  He was only gone for three days, but it seemed like it was eons longer than that.  It didn't help that I was running on emotional overload because of my piano mishap, but nonetheless, I am glad he is home. 

One of the things that we had to do while he was away was carve pumpkins.  Now I am all for enjoying the holidays, but Halloween is my least favorite holiday.  Gregg, however loves Halloween, and the kids like it too.  Maybe it is because his birthday is close to Halloween, or maybe he just loves to dress up and eat candy.  We do Halloween around our house for Gregg and the kids.  So carving the pumpkins without him was, . . well lonely.  I was very proud of the kids though.  This is the first year that both of them did the whole process of carving a pumpkin ALL BY THEMSELVES.  I know.  Amazing.  I bet you don't need me to tell you whose pumpkin is whose, but I will anyway.  Mine is the heart pumpkin.  You can't see it, but I coated it with Epsom Salts.  I found the idea on Pinterest.  (I won't be doing that again.)  It represents our home "Four Hearts Haven".  Max's is the happy smiley face, and Jacey's is the dancer.  Even though I think Halloween is a waste of time and money, I do enjoy seeing my kids happy and having a good time. 

Last night, Jacey and Max hooked up with friends and went trick-or-treating on their own.  It was so nice.  Gregg and I at the last minute decided to get doughnuts and hot chocolate, for Jacey, Max and all of their friends.  I had to go to four stores to find the doughnuts, but well worth the trip.  Just so you know, it is nice to sometimes earn the badge of being the coolest parents ever.

Max dressed up as a Texas Ranger basball player, and Jacey dressed up as a cow.  Both of them looked great.

Comments