It Just Had Too Many Leaves
The Mulberry tree in our front yard under went major surgery this last week. It was unplanned, and definitely not part of our plans, but Mother Nature played a dirty trick on us. Thursday morning when I took Max to school, the branches were nearly touching the ground. It looked kind of cool, but I knew that if I didn't do something it would break. When I got back home I did my best to try to alleviate it's burden. Well, even though I climbed into the tree and shook it's branches (quite a sight for an almost 50 year old to be climbing and shaking trees), it was not enough. One of the major limbs broke, and needed to come out. We will see if it survives. Gregg and I had to do some major pruning to the other side to help balance it out. Hopefully, after a couple of growing seasons it will look all right again.


Comments
Post a Comment