S T R E T C H I N G




Jacey and I have been working on stretching the last few weeks.  Our goal. . . ?  To get up on point (and to be able to do the splits).  To be honest, this came so naturally to me when I was doing gymnastics and drill, but now that I am in my late 40's I am thinking it is not so very easy. In the back of my mind I keep asking myself, "Why does someone my age need to be flexible?" The things you do for your kids!

Jacey takes after her dad, and is not very flexible, but she is not detered by this.  She is tackling this head on, and she is determined to give it her best effort.  She wants this so that she can continue to improve in ballet.  I am doing it with her to 1). help motivate her, and 2). it's got to help me feel better right?  Anyway we are about two weeks in, and Jacey says it is helping a little.  She says she is a little closer to getting up on pointe.  We will keep at it Lady P.  We are going to win this battle.  Just you wait and see.

Comments