Life is Still Going On

Since my last post, I have tried many times to add to my blog about the goings on of our little family, but when I read my last two posts, I can't quite seem to blog about common every day occurrences.  They seem so small compared to real life battles being fought.

To give you more insight, My little sister Alison is currently being treated at a rehab center in Utah county to help her deal with an eating disorder that she has battled with since high school.  Her husband is trying to deal with her absence while caring for their four children.  He desperately wants their life to be as normal as possible, but my heart cries real tears when I think about their deep seeded need to have their mom home.  My brain tells me that she probably hasn't been there for them for awhile, which adds to the burdens that the household has been carrying. 

The day before Alison went into the treatment center, I went to see her and her family.  I wanted them all to know that I love and care.  After spending time with Alison, I spoke to her husband, Brett.  My first impression was that he was really, really mad at me.  He told me that he had wanted to spend the day with Alison as a family, but people kept coming over to see Alison.  So the time that he so desperately needed to spend with his wife was diminishing with each new visitor.  When I gave him a hug, and told him that I loved him too, he seemed to soften a little.  He truly loves Alison, and has been dealing with so much trying to help her.  He is tired, angry, hurt, and really ready for someone to give him some hope and direction in how to get his wife back.  I don't have the answers.  I didn't have them 20 years ago, and I have even less now.

I may not know how to fix it, but I do know that someone can.  That someone is a loving Heavenly Father with the help of a loving Savior.  So every morning I wake up with a prayer on my lips, and ask the Lord to help her and her family, and all throughout the day I ask for His divine help.  I pray in the car, I pray as I go for a walk, I pray in the shower.  Every prayer we utter has us asking for further help to be given.  I have to believe that he is sending angels to help and comfort her, and lead her back to her wonderful husband and her four beautiful kids.

To add to the miseries that the world has to offer, this last week I found out that one of my step-brother's kids was arrested and charge with third degree murder. It certainly has been a prime time to teach my children that everyone has free agency, but that the choices we make are not free of consequences. Yes, Adam had free agency when he chose not to live the standards of the Church, but he is no longer free to choose after the death of his friend. So, so sad.


YW  - Camp Fundraising Carnival

Gregg's 3 on 3 basketball tournament.  (He thinks he broke a rib.  He says this is why old people shouldn't play with those that are younger.)
Max's 3 on 3 basketball tournament.  (He still tells us that he doesn't like to play basketball.  I don't know why he tells us that.  He is actually not bad.)

Jacey running her booth - The Human Bubble.  (It didn't work very well so she ended up dancing on the street to get people to come to the bake sale.)  The carnival was a huge success, and they ended up not charging for the outdoor movie later that same night.

Salt Lake Bees Game


 Jacey's (Mom's?) Craft Projects
 
Jacey saw this on the internet and decided that we needed to do this for her flip flops that broke.  Kind of fun. Huh?

  Jacey's Ballet Recital - (and Max's too)
This is the last year that Jacey gets to keep her dance costume.  We were very pleased when it turned out to be beautiful.  Next year she dances on pointe.  Which means their costumes will be rented.  Wow!!  Georgeous and a lovely dancer.  A mom couldn't be prouder.  Okay, I could be.  Especially when she tells me that she and her friends decided to have a prayer tpgether before they went on to perform.  Yes, Lady P. I am very very proud of you.
 
 Jacey with Chloe.
Olivia, Chloe, Jacey Magen, and Taylor
Max - The Lost Boy.  A couple months ago, we got a call from one of the ballet teachers asking if Max would help them with the recital.  They needed some Lost Boys for the Peter Pan portion of the recital.  Max's only question was, "Is Landon doing it?"  Landon was.  So Max was a Lost Boy.  I get a little ribbing from other people about my son doing ballet, but let me tell you. . . I don't have a problem with it.  If it teaches my son to be confident in front of an audience, and if it teaches him to appreciate the arts, and if it teaches him to work hard at something, and if he learns how to be aware of the way his body is moving, I can only think it will benefit him throughout his whole life, not to mention on the soccer or the baseball field.  So joke and sneer all you want, for my son is well on his way to be a true Renaissance Man. 

Comments