I Have Figured Things Out - It's About Time

I know I am a little slow to pick things up sometimes, but that doesn't stop me from trying. 

I have been blogging about my abilities to "Love Much and Do All That I Can Do", and my relatively slow progress on this attribute.  Well, FINALLY, I have learned that this is an attribute that I am not failing at, but rather that I have not perfected.  I AM GOOD at loving others.  Satan, who is very good at knowing my weaknesses just didn't want me to remember that I like to love others.  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I like to see the good in others.  I really like to serve them.  The problem lies in that I am not as lenient when it comes to myself.  For me I expect perfection. So I set myself up to fail all the time. 

I tried to explain this to Gregg the other day, and his comments were, "So you are going to beat yourself up over this?"  But he didn't understand, that was exactly what I was doing, and I have since stopped.

I can't tell you how much letting go of that burden has eased my mind.
So now I am just going to be fabulously wonderful today, and do "ALL THAT I CAN DO."  It will be fun.  I think a little housework, a little yard work, a little shopping, a little soccer, and lot of being a mom, and loving my cute family.  I will leave the world's problems for another day.  (I can say that now, because piano lessons are over.)

Comments