Baseball Begins



The day after my last blog, I took Max to his first baseball practice.  The fabulous, though ever emotional son of mine, cried all the way home.  After the previous night, I was done with the drama.  I finally let him have it.  He probably deserved it sooner.  Hindsight taught me that he was being emotional because his dad was out of town. 

Guess what?  He was fine afterward. 

He stretches me to my limits more than I would like to admit.  Here I was trying to be both the mom and the dad, taking care of his needs, and what do I get?  A SON TRYING TO TEST THE LIMITS.

This is what set him off this time.  His coach is a little unrefined.  He is demanding.  He is loud. 

In my opinion, he is a coach.   

This last Tuesday, Max went to his second practice.  His dad went with him to help out.  It was a totally different experience from when I went with him.  Yes, his coach is still unrefined, demanding and loud, but Max was amazing.  He is definitely one of the ones to watch on this team. 

Max likes to play short stop, and the coach and his sister trying to get a sense of the team, had asked the players where they prefer to play.  Max doesn't like to brag.  He likes you to notice how great he is by yourself.  So it took a little while for him to be rotated to short stop.  After practice, one of the coaches came up to him and made the comment that she thinks they have found their short stop. Max was finally happy.   To top it all off, Max got the number 11 on his jersey.  Hurray!  We even got him to smile with that one.

Luck is on our side too in regards to his schedule.  He only has two games conflicting with soccer.  He can choose which game to play, but in my mind missing one soccer and one baseball isn't too bad.  

I love watching him play baseball.  He really is good.

Comments