Weekend Updated
Jacey is required to get a tan for her Aida play. The director suggested that they use a tanning cream. Since we have never used a tanning cream, we didn't really know which would work best for her. I bought a spray and a gel. I asked tons of questions to clerks, cousins, aunts and friends trying to figure it all out before we started.
After one application, . . . I can't really tell. There is not a huge difference. Hopefully it will start to build up in the next few days.
Saturday, Max had a soccer game against La Roca. It was a tough game, and although Max play his heart out, they lost. Even the promise of a treat afterwards didn't help. La Roca just played better than we did. Max played goalie for the last half, and had a rocky time of it. The assistant coach came up to me afterwards and told me to tell Max that it wasn't his fault. The rest of the team let him down. I do have to be honest though. Max was partly to blame. Playing goalie is fairly new to him and he doesn't know where the ball is going to go. He is a little short for some shots, and he doesn't know how to attack and dive.
I also have to remember that this is a learning time for all of us, and he honestly did the best he could. I can't ask for more than that.
Max had a basketball game on Saturday too. This one was also a tough loss. It is always hard when they play friends from school.
I had a particularly hard time watching the game. The team we played had two players which were obviously better than the rest of the team. They utilized this to there advantage, and never gave it to the other members on the team. Unless they got a rebound, they never touched the ball. This forced our team to play similiarly. We also have a few players better than the rest, but usually they share the ball a little more. Max was very frustrated with the fact that he wanted to help his team out, but was usually guarding a weaker player who never got the ball. That meant that Max was never near the action. He couldn't do anything. When he (by chance) got a rebound, he was so frustrated by the flow of the game that he would just throw up a shot, not even coming close to the basket.
Our team only scored 2 points in the whole first half. Our team did better the second half, but still came away with a loss. I just felt like crying for all the boys who were trying to have fun, but couldn't because of the competitive nature of a few.
One of the boys apologized to Max after the game. I would have like to hear the conversation between his parents on that one.
Lastly, I tried out a new bread recipe. I really liked it. It was easy to make and really soft. Gregg couldn't tell me whether he liked it better than other breads that I have made, but I think it was a good one. Recipe on my recipe blog. http://blueberriesandsocialgraces.blogspot.com/2012/03/emilies-whole-wheat-bread.html


Comments
Post a Comment