Pinewood Derby





Last night, Max and his Cub Scout Pack held their Pinewood Derby, and although there were a few tears at the end of the night, Max's car did very well.  He took first place in two of his heats, second place, in one heat, and third place in a fourth heat.  Overall, I thought he did very well.  (Just not well enough to get recognized at the end of the night.)

When the planning process began, I reminded Gregg that this was Max's Pinewood Derby.  He could not alter the wheels or take over the designing process.  It had to be Max's car.  I was very proud of both of them.   Gregg for letting Max do it, and Max for designing a cool looking car.  If we have a chance to do it again, I wonder if Max will listen to Gregg's suggestions.

His car was named "FASTBALL".

This Friday our ward Elder's quorum is holding another Pinewood Derby for all the dads, and others who want to participate.  Gregg and Jacey made their own cars for that event.  Max is a little blue about the whole thing right now, but we will see if he wants to race his dad and sister come the weekend.

Comments