2012 Blue and Gold Banquet
Last night was Max's Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. In previous years, they have had a contest to see which scout was wearing the closest to the official uniform. In years past Max wanted to be that scout. We always knew that their was one scout that wore everything official, but this year he has moved on to 11 year old scout. So this year was Max's chance.
He dressed for the night, and that is when the issues started. He didn't like the shorts. They were too short. He thought he looked dumb. I tried to tell him that he looked fine, but it was a losing battle. He told me that he would do what I told him to do.
The problem was this. I didn't care about the uniform. I cared about my son falling apart because he didn't think he was wearing something cool. He then got Lecture # 9,345,945,935. Which was: You should be confident enough in who you are that you don't care what your friends think. Being cool comes from inside.
It was a losing battle. This is what Max finally wore. It didn't matter. They didn't have the contest.
Max received 3 arrow points tonight, and two belt loops.
(Hudson getting his Bobcat)
We have 17 boys coming in to Cub Scouts this year. I turned to the Primary Secretary and asked her if they are looking for another leader. They are going to need it.



I love your blog - it helps me keep up with your busy life...makes me wish I was a little better about mine :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! You are the reason I started blogging. I love looking at your blog to know what is happening in your world, and I have missed it since Kyle's parents have come home from their mission.
DeleteAre you volunteering to help with those 17 new scouts!?!? I could arrange something!!
ReplyDeleteI love my calling right now. I will keep it as long as the Lord will let me.
ReplyDelete