Tender Mercy Moments
The other day, I was feeling a little stressed. Jacey had come home from hanging out with a friend and told me that she would like me to help her make a schedule change for the new semester.
I can not tell you why, but this gives me a great deal of stress. I fret and worry and lose sleep over it. I rehearse in my mind things I might say to the counselors that might sway them to my opinion. I have never been good at debate, and I hate confrontations. I would love to take the approach with my kids to take whatever life gives you, make the best from it and learn from every opportunity. However, there are somethings I feel important enough to fight for. One of those things is a good teacher that is making a difference in my daughter's life. I fight for that.
So, when I got into the car the morning that I was to go see the counselor, I silently spoke to my Heavenly Father and said, "I don't know why you don't make things work out better than they do. You KNOW I am going to do everything I can to fight for my children. Why does it have to be so hard?"
Then I had the thought, "Do you think it was easy for Me? I too did what I had to do, for all of my children."
It put a bit more perspective on the matter at hand. Compared to allowing a Son to be sacrificed, my sacrifice seemed trifle indeed, but it also gave me pause for thought. It allowed me to more fully appreciate my Heavenly Father and His love for all of us.
I can not tell you why, but this gives me a great deal of stress. I fret and worry and lose sleep over it. I rehearse in my mind things I might say to the counselors that might sway them to my opinion. I have never been good at debate, and I hate confrontations. I would love to take the approach with my kids to take whatever life gives you, make the best from it and learn from every opportunity. However, there are somethings I feel important enough to fight for. One of those things is a good teacher that is making a difference in my daughter's life. I fight for that.
So, when I got into the car the morning that I was to go see the counselor, I silently spoke to my Heavenly Father and said, "I don't know why you don't make things work out better than they do. You KNOW I am going to do everything I can to fight for my children. Why does it have to be so hard?"
Then I had the thought, "Do you think it was easy for Me? I too did what I had to do, for all of my children."
It put a bit more perspective on the matter at hand. Compared to allowing a Son to be sacrificed, my sacrifice seemed trifle indeed, but it also gave me pause for thought. It allowed me to more fully appreciate my Heavenly Father and His love for all of us.



Comments
Post a Comment