Snow Cones in January?
Yesterday my two cute kids went outside to entertain themselves in the snow. They were given strict instructions to leave their dad alone so he could sleep. (He took the red-eye to Atlanta this morning.) Max wanted me to play in the snow with him, but since I do not like the cold as much as they do, I told him I would be in charge of the hot cocoa. However, when they came in from the freezing cold, they didn't want a hot drink. They wanted snow cones. Go figure. They definitely do not take after me on this one. So much for the yummy hot chocolate and Rice Krispies squares I had made.
After looking on the internet for a recipe, Jacey and I made Black Cherry and Mandarin Orange snow cones. After trying them out to the delight of all interested parties, Jacey turned to her dad and said, "ice cream!" Watch out Shavy Jones. Jacey is going to give you some competition.


oh shaved ice... I crave it all the time.
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking of adding specialty limeades to the shavy menu this summer. have jacey start working on that, too.