A Fun Diversion
Jacey has decided for reasons that are her own that Utah State is the university that she wants to attend after she graduates from high school. Since her dad graduated from the University of Utah and her mom graduated from Brigham Young University, she is probably wise to pick neutral ground. (Max so far is not picking neutral ground, much to his dad's dismay.) I keep telling both my kids that they have free agency and can make this decision on their own, but I STRONGLY encourage them to go to and graduate from a university. I am even going so far as to try to brain wash them as to their careers. I want them to understand that they can do anything. Why not them? So many times in life we sell ourselves short. I don't want my kids to do that. I want them to achieve greatness. . . because I know they can.
So, this last weekend in the hopes of finding Utah State
paraphernalia for Jacey, we headed to Logan to see a Utah State basketball game. We even made Max happy by taking him to dinner at Chuck-a-rama. Gregg and I don't love all you can eat places, but Max does, and sometimes that is all that matters. We were successful in the paraphernalia department. Even Max is sporting a new baseball hat.
We had a great time. The drive was really nice, and since Gregg left for Atlanta again today, it gave us a chance to spend some time with him before he left. We miss our dad when he is gone.




Go Aggies!
ReplyDelete