Piano Monday

Oh how I love my kids, but they definitely do not make being a mother easy at times. 

I have blogged before about Max not loving the change to a new piano teacher.  Well, it has continued on, and his teacher had a little to say about it today.  After talking to her for awhile, I convinced her to hang in there with me.  I told her that I think deep down Max thinks that if he makes it miserable enough for me I will let him quit, but I am not going to let that happen.  I am too stubborn.  She told me that she is stubborn too.  (I already guessed that, and that is why we changed.)  She is going to need to be stubborn with Max.  What I actually said was that I was trying to break him (like you would a horse).  I am not sure that is a nice approach to mothering when you compare it to our loving Heavenly Father, but maybe that is what we are really doing on earth.  Maybe He is trying to "break us" so that we will be more useful to him.

With that said, I still think Max is the most amazing boy ever.  I also know that he needs to be stubborn at the right times.  So really, I am not trying to "break him" so much as I am trying to channel him in the right direction.  He is a good kid.  Just so so very STRONG.

Aida update - I was able to talk to Jacey's ballet teacher, and Jacey is going to be able to do the play.  Jennifer told me that it is too good of an opportunity to pass up.  She wants Jacey to have that experience.  She told Jacey that she thought she would be able to catch up with the recital dance, and that she can attend another class for technic.  (Jacey wasn't thrilled about that, but she has no choice.  I am not letting her out of it when I am still paying.  Besides she needs to be on pointe as much as the other girls, or she will be behind.)

This is Nutcracker Week so we are going to be busy.

Comments