Lesson Number Two

Jacey and Max had their second piano lesson with their new teacher this morning.  Both of them are still a little unsure of themselves.  I thought they did pretty good, all things considered, and with more lessons under their belts, I am sure they will relax.

Last Tuesday night, we went to one of her recitals.  We had some cousins playing in the recital, and were really impressed with the quality and skill of the students.  Well let me reiterate.  I was very impressed.  Mostly my kids were very intimidated.

Deep down they know that their last teacher was more relaxed than this new teacher is going to be, and that is translating to feelings of anxiety and stress, but, . . . that is the very reason I changed teachers.  Even though Max tells me every day it was the worst mistake I have ever made. 

I am still hopeful that they will adjust.

Comments