First Day of School



I know I have blogged about this before, but I really do not like change. School is one of those things that attack this whole change thing. I love my kids to learn. I am all over that. In fact, I am probably a harder teacher than any my kids have ever had. I make them take what they learn at school, and take it to the next level. But in order to go to school they have to leave my side. Which is as it should be. How can they learn if I am helping them along the way. So, off to school they go.

Max and Jacey were very excited. Jacey started junior high, and didn't seem a bit nervous. She was more than ready. Max couldn't sleep the night before because he was so excited.

They both had a good first day. Max's words were just the cutest. He told me, "I think I had a very good first day of school."

There was tons of paperwork to fill out and shopping to do, and I was exhausted by the time I dropped into bed. Probably from the psychological roller coaster ride of the day.

But,. . . the very best thing that happened, happened the next day. It was Jacey's "B" day. The school counselor came and got Jacey out of Art to ask her if it would be all right to change her schedule a little. He wanted to move her CTE class to a different period. Since that was the only class she had with her friend Kate, she wasn't so keen on the change. She told him exactly how she felt. She told him she would be okay, but that she would be really sad. Well, HE LISTENED to her, and told her he would see what he could do. The next thing she knew, was that "Katie's" schedule was harder to rearrange. He was able to do it, but that meant that they now had 7 out of their 8 classes together.

Now, I ask you. When do things like this happen in real life? My answer. . . When a loving Heavenly Father takes over to take care of his daughter.

Comments

  1. You are a great mom and deserve great kids. You & Gregg have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment