Today Is The Day
I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. My husband is coming home. Yeah! I have misssed him.
Last night we went to a movie. As we came out of the show, I realized that I still had my camera from earlier in the day and that we were in "Photo Alley". I snapped a few pictures of my kids.
Yesterday, my kids wanted to go to This is the Place Heritage Park. They love it there, and I appreciate the fact that they love to learn about the pioneers. It was sweltering hot, and I had a great deal of appreciation for the pioneers coming across the plain in the heat and the freezing cold. I am certainly glad for bathrooms too.
Wednesday night, we went to my sisters house to see my nephew open his mission call. It really was a neat experience and I am sorry I didn't go to other nephew's houses to see them open their calls. It is amazing to me to see the hand of the Lord working miracles in the world.
Last night we went to a movie. As we came out of the show, I realized that I still had my camera from earlier in the day and that we were in "Photo Alley". I snapped a few pictures of my kids.
Yesterday, my kids wanted to go to This is the Place Heritage Park. They love it there, and I appreciate the fact that they love to learn about the pioneers. It was sweltering hot, and I had a great deal of appreciation for the pioneers coming across the plain in the heat and the freezing cold. I am certainly glad for bathrooms too.
Wednesday night, we went to my sisters house to see my nephew open his mission call. It really was a neat experience and I am sorry I didn't go to other nephew's houses to see them open their calls. It is amazing to me to see the hand of the Lord working miracles in the world.I have three nephews either on a mission or soon going. They are all called to different parts of the world, and yet they were all called to learn Mandarin Chinese. Another sister leaned over to me after Kaden opened his mission call and said, "The semis are lining up."
What you don't know from her comment is this. She and her family lived in Mississippi when Hurricane Katrina took her toll. They knew it was coming, and had left the area to go to safer ground. Our LDS Church also knew it was coming, and had sent semi-trailers full of needed supplies to help when the dissaster struck. They were all lined up waiting to go in and give aid.
The Lord knows what is coming and is preparing missionaries to be ready when other parts of the world open up and are ready to be taught the gospel. I don't know about Travis' call, but both Jackson's and Kaden's state that their area of assignment may change with the Presidents needs.
Will they leave their assigned missions to open up China? I don't know. Will they learn the language well enough to teach Chinese in the Mission Training Center later? Maybe. Will they go into a business that we take them to China? Who knows, but it is very humbling to think of how the Lord is working in our very lives.
I certainly am glad that he has a hand in mine.


That's cool. Thanks for sharing the stuff about learning Chinese.
ReplyDelete