Veritigo, No That's Not Right. . .

Okay, I could have lived my entire life without the experience I went through on Memorial Day. Gregg and I, and our family had plans for the day. We were going to go to Gregg's Mom's grave sight, and then we were going to a barbecue at his sister's house. Later that night we had plans to go to a neighborhood barbecue. It was going to be our standard Memorial day.
But. . . this is how it really panned out.
Recently Gregg bought a folding camping trailer, and the kids think it is the greatest thing ever. They have wanted to sleep in it every night. We wouldn't let them sleep in it when they had school the next day, but during the holiday weekend, we finally let them, even though it was raining.
Sunday night it was raining so hard that I couldn't sleep. Gregg couldn't sleep either so we kept each other company for awhile, until I decided I really wanted to get some sleep. So I went into the house. He couldn't abandoned the kids so he stayed outside with them. That was about four in the morning.
At about 5:30 a.m. I turned over, and the world spun out of control. I couldn't get it to stop. I literally crawled into the bathroom to throw-up, and just layed there while the world kept spinning, and no one was close enough to call for. Around 7:30 Gregg finally came into the house and I was able to call for help.
With calls to family and friends we pretty much figured out that I had vertigo, and the plans for the day were pretty much out of the question. I tried to be a good patient and not complain, but by the time night came, I pretty much couldn't do it anymore. My body needed water. Which I wasn't keeping down, and every time I thought about trying to get through the night until I could see a doctor terrified me. So off to the hospital I went.
I really don't think the first few people who saw me even knew what my face looked like. I had my face in my bucket the whole time. In fact I was very attached to it. I wouldn't let it out of my sight.
After two bags of fluid, two doses of Zofran,and one dose each of Valium and something else for dizziness, and two CT scans, they let me go home. The conclusion was that I had benign Virtigo, but when I was trying to tell the radiologist why I was getting the CT scan I could not for the life of me tell her Vertigo. I kept telling her Veritigo, and then saying no that's not right it's Veritigo. I knew it was wrong, but I couln't say it right.
Jacey and Max were able to go to the neighborhood barbecue, and the hosts were gracious enough to keep them all night. They even made them a sack lunch for school the next day. Wow. I couldn't ask for better friends. Thank you. Thank you for all the help. It gave me a lot of peace knowing that my kids were being well taken care of.
And, I have to say that I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He stayed by my side the whole day helping me, and encouraging me. He made sure the kids were safe and being taken care of, and even gave up food to stay with me. Thanks Gregg for loving me as much as I love you.
But. . . this is how it really panned out.
Recently Gregg bought a folding camping trailer, and the kids think it is the greatest thing ever. They have wanted to sleep in it every night. We wouldn't let them sleep in it when they had school the next day, but during the holiday weekend, we finally let them, even though it was raining.
Sunday night it was raining so hard that I couldn't sleep. Gregg couldn't sleep either so we kept each other company for awhile, until I decided I really wanted to get some sleep. So I went into the house. He couldn't abandoned the kids so he stayed outside with them. That was about four in the morning.
At about 5:30 a.m. I turned over, and the world spun out of control. I couldn't get it to stop. I literally crawled into the bathroom to throw-up, and just layed there while the world kept spinning, and no one was close enough to call for. Around 7:30 Gregg finally came into the house and I was able to call for help.
With calls to family and friends we pretty much figured out that I had vertigo, and the plans for the day were pretty much out of the question. I tried to be a good patient and not complain, but by the time night came, I pretty much couldn't do it anymore. My body needed water. Which I wasn't keeping down, and every time I thought about trying to get through the night until I could see a doctor terrified me. So off to the hospital I went.
I really don't think the first few people who saw me even knew what my face looked like. I had my face in my bucket the whole time. In fact I was very attached to it. I wouldn't let it out of my sight.
After two bags of fluid, two doses of Zofran,and one dose each of Valium and something else for dizziness, and two CT scans, they let me go home. The conclusion was that I had benign Virtigo, but when I was trying to tell the radiologist why I was getting the CT scan I could not for the life of me tell her Vertigo. I kept telling her Veritigo, and then saying no that's not right it's Veritigo. I knew it was wrong, but I couln't say it right.
Jacey and Max were able to go to the neighborhood barbecue, and the hosts were gracious enough to keep them all night. They even made them a sack lunch for school the next day. Wow. I couldn't ask for better friends. Thank you. Thank you for all the help. It gave me a lot of peace knowing that my kids were being well taken care of.
And, I have to say that I have the most wonderful husband in the world. He stayed by my side the whole day helping me, and encouraging me. He made sure the kids were safe and being taken care of, and even gave up food to stay with me. Thanks Gregg for loving me as much as I love you.


Comments
Post a Comment