Sometimes Life is Right

A couple of weeks ago, I recieved a call from the principal at my kids elementary school. She wanted some community feedback. I didn't think she really wanted my feedback. The community is not very pleased with her right now.

Before I met with her, I talked to a couple of other people about it, and even a teacher I trusted. I didn't want to go in there with wrong information. Since a lot of it was not positive.

The closer the appointment came the less I felt good about going in and dumping on her. It didn't feel right, but I didn't know what else to do since I promised her I would always be open and honest with her.

Well last Sunday, I was sitting in church and was prompted to give her a Book of Mormon. My first thought was "Are you kidding?" I don't know how to do that. I have never given someone a Book of Mormon, and I didn't know if she would be receptive or not.

Then I remembered another incident when I first met her. That incident was over a teacher assignment, and Jacey didn't get the teacher I had requested. So I went in to the school ready to fight for her. Within two minutes of being in her office the principal found the paperwork, and boldly stated that Jacey was put in the wrong class. She was supposed to be with a different teacher, and she was sorry for the inconvenience. I left the meeting quite confused. My thoughts were "why did that whole thing happen?" Then I felt the spirit tell me. I needed her to know who you are.

Well that was two years ago. Since then she definitely has gotten to know me.

I guess the Lord kind of set me up to be in the the right place at the right time. So, I gave her a Book of Mormon, and guess what happened. She didn't throw it at me. It made her cry. She told me that she has been really struggling lately, and to know that I cared was truly appreciated.

I don't know what the outcome will be, but knowing that I acted when I recieved inspiration really feels good. I guess my motto for the year ("I can do hard things") continues to be a day to day acheivement.

Comments