Making Waves. . . Again?
Why is it that even though I never mean to, I seem to make waves everywhere I go. It is that time of year when tensions get high about teacher selections for next year, and no matter what the principal does, she can not make everyone happy. Last week, the e-mail went out that the teacher request forms were available in the office, and that meant the mayhem had begun. I have decided to take more of a watch and listen approach this year, and I have.
I have tried to distance myself a little from my natural intinct for intensity. So when I overheard a couple of highly respected friends discussing situations occurring at the school, I felt a little bit anxious. By being on the Community Council for our school for the last couple of years, I have seen how hard the principal works on behalf of our kids. My first intinct was to defend her, but I didn't know if I stood in the right. At our next Community Council meeting, I put on the agenda the issues I had heard. The PTA representative was not too happy to be put on the spot, and the principal seemed a little caught off guard, but I am glad that I got it out in the open.
I stewed about it all weekend, and felt I needed to apologize to the principal for springing that one on her, but she was actually glad that I brought it up. The PTA representative stayed afterward to share more information with her. Information that NEEDED to be shared.
I am not always right, but I always act according to what I believe, and I have learned that if I don't fight for my kids, who is going to?


Comments
Post a Comment