Junior High - Here They Come

Look at you, You're growing up.

Last night Jacey and her best friend Kate went to their junior high orientation. It was a little long, but for the most part it was pretty good. Jacey is pretty excited to move on to junior high even though she is nervous too. We sat by Kate and her mom, and afterwards walked around the school to give them their bearings.

When we got home, I explained to Jacey how it is going to work. Gregg and I kept asking her what classes she wanted to take, and she didn't understand what her options were. After explaining, she looked at me with an expression that said, "Those are my only choices." Sorry cutie. We do have to work with the system.

She took some of the options we talked about to school today to ask her friends what they are thinking. I really would like her to have some friends in her classes with her. This is a huge transition for her, and Jacey is reserved enough that a friend would definitely calm her.

Max woke up today and told me that he wants to go to junior high. I think he is sad that his sister is leaving him behind. It is really hard to have only two children. They are so connected to each other, and so competitive at the same time. It will be a growing experience for both of them. I told him that even though he is smart enough to go to junior high, he is going to have to wait for his turn. It will come soon enough.

I love you Lady P and Sir Maxwell. We love you too Lady Kate. You all make my heart smile.

Comments