I Miss My Husband

Gregg has be traveling for work this whole week. We took him to the airport Sunday morning and he finally gets to come up tonight. Yeah!
Sunday morning both my kids were in tears after arriving home from the airport. They were already missing their dad. Since Gregg has the wonderful opportunity of working from home, the kids and I have Gregg around all the time. We are not used to him being gone. I know that I am selfish, but I love having him home.
I also know that I am the enforcer around the house, and my kids were probably thinking that they were going to be my slaves all week, but I promised I would be nice. I have been too, but I have to say that I am emotionally tired today. I haven't had my support system around to hold me up. That, and I haven't been sleeping very well. I can't figure out why I have to wake up at 4:00-4:30 every morning. Just because that is the time Gregg is probably getting up shouldn't matter, but I guess if my body thinks Gregg is up, I have to wake up too. It has been somewhat annoying.
I am also very grateful for cell phones. I love the chance to talk to Gregg during the day. I like talking to him as if he were here.
I am not the only one to miss him either. All week long my kids have been telling me what time it is in Atlanta. Just in case I needed to know, and yesterday Max told me that Gregg adds balance to our lives. I thought that was very insightful for an eight year old. Although Max is usually insightful.
Jacey too has been amazingly helpful. She is looking forward to the souvenir that she is hoping her dad brings here, and she has big plans to welcome him home.
Hurry home Gregg. We love you.
Sunday morning both my kids were in tears after arriving home from the airport. They were already missing their dad. Since Gregg has the wonderful opportunity of working from home, the kids and I have Gregg around all the time. We are not used to him being gone. I know that I am selfish, but I love having him home.
I also know that I am the enforcer around the house, and my kids were probably thinking that they were going to be my slaves all week, but I promised I would be nice. I have been too, but I have to say that I am emotionally tired today. I haven't had my support system around to hold me up. That, and I haven't been sleeping very well. I can't figure out why I have to wake up at 4:00-4:30 every morning. Just because that is the time Gregg is probably getting up shouldn't matter, but I guess if my body thinks Gregg is up, I have to wake up too. It has been somewhat annoying.
I am also very grateful for cell phones. I love the chance to talk to Gregg during the day. I like talking to him as if he were here.
I am not the only one to miss him either. All week long my kids have been telling me what time it is in Atlanta. Just in case I needed to know, and yesterday Max told me that Gregg adds balance to our lives. I thought that was very insightful for an eight year old. Although Max is usually insightful.
Jacey too has been amazingly helpful. She is looking forward to the souvenir that she is hoping her dad brings here, and she has big plans to welcome him home.
Hurry home Gregg. We love you.


Comments
Post a Comment